Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Will he bring me a ';gift'; one day...of a dead bunny or squirrel?

My 7 month old Lab/Beagle mix is always chasing these little critters,and almost caught up to a squirrel today in my backyard:-(Will he bring me a ';gift'; one day...of a dead bunny or squirrel?
I would not worry too much about it. My dog once caught a rabbit and was so surprised that she dropped it out of her mouth. They will grow out of it soon enough!Will he bring me a ';gift'; one day...of a dead bunny or squirrel?
At this age, the your puppy is really playful, and still curious of things. If you catch him/her trying to chase/ catch a ';gift'; tell him off. Maybe buy a plant stray and have it on hand if this occurs.





There are also collars you can get with citronella, around 拢60. These come with a remote so at any time when your dog is doing something wrong, this will squirt and hopefully resolving the habit. Only get this if it really does carry on.
He very well may catch a squirrel one day, don't be surprised. He may even kill and bring back other small critters.





Dogs are predators and squirrels, bunnies and other similiar type of critters are prey animals. It doesn't make him a bad dog, it's just his genetic make-up and he's just doing his job.
He will get lucky one day and probably snag one! If you don't like the thought of that you can buy deterrents to ward off all the critters. Then you won't have a present! But it's in your dogs blood to chase after those things.
I don't know that he will bring it to you, but he may eventually catch one and attempt to eat it. My dogs regularly catch squirrels and birds.
Well if he ever caught one, sure. You know, you really can't fault him for it, it is in his nature to do. Specially with that Beagle in him.
thats wut my dachshund did..he gave me 7 ';gifts'; one for each of the days of the week...no lie!! it wuz gross they were al birds! but i mean i a gifts a gift..it comes from the heart..lolz :D
haha wow i read that question like OMG what the hell is this





but yea he'll get one eventually





my pug.. fat slow pug caught a bird.... and idk how
Yes. I read that they hunt rabbits. They're scent hounds (dogs excellent at smelling), it's normal.
More likely yes, Beagles are raise to hunt rabbits and Labs are hunting dogs too.
probably. They are hunters after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment