Thursday, May 13, 2010

How do i keep a squirrel away!?

a stupid squirrel is always in my bird feeder and it drives my dog NUTS! (no pun intended)...how do i keep it away!?How do i keep a squirrel away!?
move the bird feeder where the squirrel cant reach itHow do i keep a squirrel away!?
I have tried everything.There IS no place where a squirrel can't reach the feeder. I hung it high, put grease on the pole, put up a squirrel proof thing above and below the feeder. I put squirrel repellent in the food and around the feeder. I even got a squirrel proof feeder. (which actually worked for a little while. Then he learned how to control it) I've given up and now I have a squirrel feeder on the other side of the yard. It helps more than anything. He still visits the bird feeder from time to time, but not near as much as he used to. It sounds like you just need to move the feeder where the dog can't see it.
Squirrels are extremely smart. They will figure almost anything to get at sunflower seeds. So start by not using bird feed with sunflower seeds.





DON'T but the bird feed closer to the house in thinking that the human activity will spoke them. Squirrel will just start to associate you or the house with food and want to get inside.





Small bird feeder seem to work best because they tip and squirrel's or more likely to fall off. But they can hang on to many.


Try a squirrel proof feeder but before buying look at it and think will this really work because most squirrel proof feeders don't stop them.

No comments:

Post a Comment