Thursday, May 13, 2010

My squirrel bob has dry skin and is losing hair! What can i do about it??

I need ur help!!My squirrel bob has dry skin and is losing hair! What can i do about it??
He sounds like he is missing the proper type of fats in his feed. Try adding a teaspoon of olive oil to his daily rations, and if he is tame enough to pet, try smoothing his fur with a dab of vitamin e from a capsule. Be sure to give him some apple slices and carrot sticks and try other kinds of raw greens, if he doesn't like it, he wont eat it, but he probably will gobble the stuff down. Best wishesMy squirrel bob has dry skin and is losing hair! What can i do about it??
Give him some cod liver oil. It is great for healthy skin, and pets love it. I used to give it to my rats when they had skin problems. I also take it myself, though I don't love it.
1. I love the fact that you have a squirrel





2. The previous posts are correct. It very well could be an oil issue in the diet. If you can a good general vet would be the best bet for a check up, but knowing full well the cost of that I would suggest trying a varied diet adding some vitamins and oils. That said there is a chance that it could be bacterial and based on the surface of the skin. Do you bath the squirrel at all or provide a means to wash?

No comments:

Post a Comment