Monday, May 10, 2010

What do i do this squirrel is about to die...HELP?

Okay i am home from school and in my backyard i find this squirrel that is about to die!!! he has been trying to drag his body across the backyard and i can see the mark of his body drag...this is in the U S. At my house i have a pond filled with ffish and i have lots of spiders please tell me how this squirrel died and what do i do if he does die THANKS ALOT PLEASE HELPWhat do i do this squirrel is about to die...HELP?
If there is no certified wildlilfe animal rescue/rehab person in your area - I' m sorry - the litle one will die.


Just know that you cared and inquired. YOu did your best.


When he/she is gone - you might want to bury.


I am sad with you and I mourn the loss of any creature.





Still, not one of us is here forevwer.





I ask God to bless you for your concern and effort.





He will.What do i do this squirrel is about to die...HELP?
I need to ask..





What does the fish and spiders have to do with a dying squirrel?
Sadly, there isn't really anything to do. It is a wild animal, and as bad as it is, this is just nature. Even if you did catch it, their arent a ton of vets who know squirrel medicine. My guess is that it sounds like he either fell from a tree, was attacked by another squirrel or animal, or some predator tried to eat it. Its sad, I know, but the best thing to do is to let nature take its course. If it doesn't die in a while, call animal control so they can take it out humanely. But, if it really seems like it can pull through without pain, call animal control and ask if they can pick it up. I wouldn't recommend though.
You need to get him to a vet as soon as possible. If he survives, they will call a wildlife rehabber to get him and take him back to the wild when he is better.





http://www.tc.umn.edu/~devo0028/contactA鈥?/a>
Keep it in a safe place so it can't be attacked by another animal.


And be careful It's wild. It might freak out if you try to help it, maybe even get scared to death.
Sorry but you can't do much. You could take it to the vet but it may not make the car ride. Just comfort it while you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment