Friday, January 15, 2010

How many have ever eaten squirrel ??

I had a neighbor growing up who always used to offer. Does it taste like chicken?How many have ever eaten squirrel ??
No more.


But as a young teen living in the country, my grandma used to have me shoot several in the spring, and she'd make squirrel pie to go along with the young dandelion greens salad. It was all good. Squirrel meat is about half way between dark chicken meat and frog legs in taste, and a bit tougher in texture.How many have ever eaten squirrel ??
My parents wouldn't eat the squirrel pie - the idea used to make my mother shudder - so grandma %26amp; I got it all. I wouldn't care to try it again now, though. I think I grew out of the taste, or at least the idea.





Thanks for the ';Best AAnswer';!

Report Abuse



Eating squirrel has never been on my to do list although I have an old Joy of Cooking that has a recipe for squirrel...if I ever change my mind, but don't hold your breath..
never had it......must taste gamey i bet.....
doesn't taste like chicken.. is rather quite good.. and it tastes like squirrel.
Never have.
I've eaten squirrel. It doesn't taste like chicken. Personally, I don't like it.
I think they taste more like almond nuts
thats mean and thats wat my ex-bf would say(b4 we went out) he would b mad if he'd seen this but luckily now he is out of that mode but i wouldnt try it but i know alligator taste like chicken a real tender chicken
It's a bit like beaver !!
No, it doesn't taste like chicken. It has it's own unique flavor, which is actually pretty good. It makes the best gravy you ever tasted.
I'M A REDNECK WHAT DO YOU THINK??????
They are so sweet i could and would never eat them

No comments:

Post a Comment