Thursday, January 21, 2010

My dog ate a squirrel carcass. Should I worry? Has all shots, and refused to drop it. Must've been dead 5 days

He literally veered to snatch it. Must'vve been eyeing it all week. I am somewhat concerned. He eats all manners of icky things, (horse poop, bugs, has snatched dead birds before, but usually drops them.)My dog ate a squirrel carcass. Should I worry? Has all shots, and refused to drop it. Must've been dead 5 days
My Labs the same and eats everything she finds, today's find was a dead Blackbird.


He should be fine, but will probably get a bad case of diarrhoea, mine is normally sick plus diarrhoea but it doesn't stop her hunting for more the following day.My dog ate a squirrel carcass. Should I worry? Has all shots, and refused to drop it. Must've been dead 5 days
ya you should. i no this sounds nasty but you have to do it. look at your dogs butt and see if there are any little white things that look like pieces of string. if there are your dog has worms. take him/her to the vet and they will give you stuff to put in your dogs food. it will clear up in about a week or two.
Call your vet and let them know what happened because you will likely be in for some stomach upset at the very least or some intestinal parasites. See what they recommend. I would hate for your dog to get sick on Sunday and have to go to an emergency clinic.
Being raised on a farm with dogs, I've seen them eat many dead animals and nothing really bad ever happened. He might get diarrhea and make a mess but other than that I wouldn't worry too much.
hunny dogs do nasty things that we cant always prevent, its in their nature, unless ur dog starts throwing up and getting runs i wouldnt worry
Dont worry. No virus will live for five days on it. Its gross, but thats about it.
He was hungry. Ever seen 2 girls one cup hell be alright for eating ****
umm - consult the vet on this one - we do not know how the squirrel died - it could have be from anything...
wouldnt worry dogs have strong bacteria and enzymes in thier digestive tract

No comments:

Post a Comment