Saturday, January 23, 2010

I have a large rat or a squirrel in my house. how can I tell which?

Well its easy a squirrel has a poofy tail like this


http://www.kittywompus.com/macadamia/ima鈥?/a>


And a rat doesnt


http://www.thriftyfun.com/images/petguid鈥?/a>I have a large rat or a squirrel in my house. how can I tell which?
I think I understand your question . Are you saying you HEAR an animal in your home ? We did have that problem and being that I am an animal lover I decided it was one squirrel and I was wrong . It turned out to be roofrats that are very common and can cause alot of problems . If you live near water ( even small creeks , a wooded area , or where there is building going on ) animals will try to find a warm spot in the winter months especially . They leave scent trails and of course breed so I would call a professional to see what it is . All these animals chew and the biggest problem is chewing electrical cords which cause a high percentage of house fires . I hope this helped at least alittle .I have a large rat or a squirrel in my house. how can I tell which?
We once had a squirrel in house. I almost picked it up. It was laying so still I thought it was a stuffed animal.Ahhh. Anyway called animal control they caught it and set it free outside.
Hi, I'm sorry but I don't quite understand this question, though I find it interesting. Could you explain a little more? Have you actually seen the animal or just hear it? How large is ';large';. Where is the animal located?


I hope someone can help. If it's a squirrel you might want to call a rescue group because a lot of them will come out and help remove the animal without harming it.


Thanks.
Open the door, it will leave. You hope, my aunt had a squirrel come in and it went nuts running around and broke some of the Nik-Naks.
look at the tail, squirrels have tails that are sitting up behind them
I can't tell you how you find out the difference but you need to get it out. Squirrels and rats will eat the wiring in the walls and you stuff in the house to make a home. You need to go get a trap and catch it you don't need to kill it but you need to find out where they are coming in so you can stop more from coming in the house.
A squirrel has a very bushy tail a rat has a skinny hairless tail. Now, if you are talking about your husband or boyfriend, that I can't tell you.
Look at their feet. Squirrels have long black nails. Rats have white short nails.

No comments:

Post a Comment