Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I am depressed, because I accidentally killed a squirrel while driving...what can I do to cope?

He was a little squirrel and afterwards, a bigger squirrel ran to the street and put his/her mouth on the dead one.





I tried to avoid it, but it went the direction i swerved...now i'm inconsolable.I am depressed, because I accidentally killed a squirrel while driving...what can I do to cope?
Well it is normal to feel sad but tell yourself it was an accident and you did not mean to do it but that is the cycle of life - it was his time to go for a better world...


death is one sure thing we shall all go through so be with peace with the fact and learn to let go....


maybe you can do a funeral (bury the poor soul) for him and tell him sorry with flowers so his soul can leave this world in peace....


try to be less upset because what is done cannot be undone...I am depressed, because I accidentally killed a squirrel while driving...what can I do to cope?
I would set up a tax exempt memorial foundation with myself as president, and buy an SUV to drive around the country giving lectures to schools about the importance of squirrel awareness.
Things like this happen. Just be more careful next time
I too am an animal lover beyond extreme. What you must do is try to look forward to see how you can help other squirrels rather than dwelling in the past. From now on maybe try a little harder to help the environment. Maybe turn of your computer at night. Walk to your nearby grocery store. Maybe just something as simple as cutting the plastic that cans of soda are grouped in so that it doesnt suffocate another squirrel. It is often hard to deal with the loss of a fellow being but remember that there are many people in this world that can help to stop killing animals but don't. Trust me, you will feel much better about yourself if the next time you see a squirrel running up a tree or chewing on an acorn knowing that you are helping them everyday.
A few months ago, I hit one that ran to the middle of the road suddenly. I felt bad for a bit. By the next day I told myself to forget it. I didn't do it on purpose.
They're will be more squeirrels. they're brains are so small that they would forget anything that happened.
Don't feel sad. The dead squirrel probably never knew what hit him, and now some other animal, like maybe a crow or raven, will clean the body up and have a nice meal. Death is a part of the cycle of life.
get a life, a dead squirrel is nothing more than a dead squirrel.


never ever try to avoid hitting animals, if you do and have a accident you are 100% at fault for any and all damage better to hit them, it won't count as accident on your insurance or license.
So did you bury it or leave it lay ? It may be in one of the local bars that serve road kill
try doing nice to help animals...maybe volunteer at an animal shelter or donate money to some place that helps injured animals or just animals in general. or donate to a place that helps indangered species... that may give you some peace of mind knowing that you have at least helped another animal... :)





hope it helps
ooooo thats scary it can be upseting
POOR GUY (sry if ur a girl) I did the same thing......A squirrel ran in the road and the car in front of me ran over its but and it couldnt walk but it was still alive and when I got to it I wanted to run over it bgut I just couldnt so it had to suffer because of me and I cried all the way to work and Im still very upset about it. But dont feel bad because now it can have a great life in heaven (unlike the one i didnt kill :_ ( not so lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment