Sunday, January 17, 2010

Who was born on squirrel appreciation day? There is actually such a day.?

I was!Who was born on squirrel appreciation day? There is actually such a day.?
Congratulations. May your mouth always be full of nuts in the toughest winter.Who was born on squirrel appreciation day? There is actually such a day.?
http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/g鈥?/a>

Report Abuse



Not me, I've never heard of it AND I belong to Prosquirrels - a most awesome (but extremely lazy) Yahoo Group.


Please go to Donelle g's 360 and join if you'd like to be lazy too!


You can also be the BOSS squirrel.





I was born on Groundhog Day - I get to have it more that once!! God it's aging!!
I have almost forgotten those silly day names. They are cute.
Once a year, go nuts for squirrels. The official Squirrel Appreciation Day is January 21. Why not show your appreciation for the bushy-tailed little nut-gatherers by joining our group: PROSQUIRRELS - We do not kill any rodents. We love them! If you know anybody who hunts for sport (not for food) please shame them out of it. Feed the Squirrels. Thank you.
[In case you don't already know, the 'thumbs down' box is located just below this box]


I just don't care for the squirrels around my apartment.because they dig up the plants grown in pots on my staircase. I even had a real live Mango Tree I lovingly started from the seed of a the fruit I ate. I nursed the cute mango from the embryo and it took me months. The darned evil thing uprooted and kilt my cute growing mango pet.





To sum up I DO appreciate devilish squirrels - furry little balls of nervous energy, cunning and distrust.


I just don't like them!


So join Donelle's pro-squirrel worshiping group if you must.


I won't be signing up!


.
When : Always January 21st





Squirrel Appreciation Day is an opportunity to enjoy and appreciate your tree climbing, nut gathering neighborhood squirrels. It's held in mid-winter when food sources are scarce for squirrels and other wildlife. Sure, squirrels spent all fall gathering and ';squirreling '; away food. But, their supplies may not be enough. And, the variety of food is limited. So, give them an extra special treat today to supplement their winter diets.





Not everyone likes squirrels. While they are fun to watch skirting around the yard and trees, they are aggressive at bird feeders. Squirrels tip almost any bird feeder and spill the seeds in search of the particular seeds they want. In the fall, they attack pumpkins on front porches in search of the seeds inside. For gardeners they dig up and steal flower bulbs, and may eat some of the veggies in your garden.





When you think about it, mid winter is the best time to appreciate squirrels. In the winter they provide a little entertainment. During other times of the year, you may look at them as a pest in the flower and vegetable gardens.





According to Christy Hargrove, the founder, ';Celebration of the event itself is up to the individual or group -- anything from putting out extra food for the squirrels to learning something new about the species.';
Isn't that right after the the changing of the presidents. Y'know, the exchanging of one nut for another? lol
Rocky The Flying Squirrel who (for the records) is actually 14 days older than Bullwinkle.
why is this in philosophy?
I have seen this list, I was born on ice cream and violins day. It was a high school project and is posted on the web. You can google it up with phrases.





peace and love
Patty on Spongebob Squarepants
~~ I hope your nutty Birthday is all it's all cracked up to be. Wanna join my squirrel group? We're all nuts there. Our motto is....';We feed the squirrels,not on them.'; What ever that's supposed to mean. I'm the moderator ,and I don't even know. If you join I'll elect you as our new leader,since you're obviously an honorary squirrel. Happy Birthday.


http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/prosq鈥?/a>


When is Squirrel Appreciation Day anyhow? ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment